Welcome to the online version of “The Biblical Roots of Christian Science,” an exhibit currently on display in our Reading Room on Green Street. The exhibit was initially prepared as a companion Reading Room exhibit, to complement the Bible history exhibit, which our Church prepared and staged, in the Pasadena Public Library in November 2011.
The exhibit traces the path of deep Bible study, which led Mary Baker Eddy, to discover Christian Science, and in the process highlights the connection between the Bible and the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. Please explore these pages, and feel free to share any feedback you have.
Reprint of Reading Room exhibit at
First Church of Christ, Scientist Pasadena
“… and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”
Navigate the Exhibit:
- THE STORY OF THE KING JAMES BIBLE
- CHRISTIAN SCIENCE AND THE BIBLE
- GRACIOUS PREPARATION
- Chapter 1. Prayer
- Chapter 2. Atonement and Eucharist
- Chapter 3. Marriage
- Chapter 4. Christian Science versus Spiritualism
- Chapter 5. Animal Magnetism Unmasked
- What Next? Our invitation to you!
- Principle and Practice
- Share your Feedback
- Feedback about the Exhibit